5/07/2011

Jumping Right Into It.

Hey everyone! Is it just me or is blogging coming back in style? It petered out like... mid 90's to about 2010 and now it seems more and more people are getting them again. I thought I'd hop on, see if I can't just share some of my thoughts with the world.


The inspiration to start a blog came probably from my friend amy's page http://eatinglikekings.blogspot.com/
Cool food blog showing her and her boyfriend's scrumptious cooking.
But anyways, kids, I just wanted to spend this first post giving the reasons why/why not I am making this blog. 
1. This blog is NOT a livejournal or internet diary. Good lord, if I told you my day and what I did, you'd all be bored to tears.
2. This blog is NOT meant to be offensive/controversial. I'm just sharing my thoughts on different things: entertainment, movies, school, friends, family, randomness, video games, anecdotes, my interests, science, religion, pop culture, humor, comedy and the like. The title says it all: it's eclectic.... and illini just because. If you don't like it... don't read it. =]
3. This blog IS! for entertainment and is meant to be enjoyed. I don't really care if you read the whole thing, half of it, or 3 words. But, if you're gonna read 3 words read: JUST FOR FUN! 
That's also the reason that I have a curtain as my background. I'm just here to perform for you guys!
4. I guess the last reason to do this blog is something to do when I'm bored... which seems to happen more often than not.

Well, now that that's over with! Let's introduce ourselves. My name is Jordan Lange, and you are.... oh! yes interesting, that's my cousin's name. Very nice weather we're having. You want to know more about me, you say? Alright..

I go to the University of Illinois- Champaign Urbana, Illinois, and I study Molecular and Cellular Biology. It's kind of a mouthful to say and sometimes I mess up and feel really stupid. 'Wow! you can't even pronounce your major, your grades must be terrible!' And they're not. At least not too bad. I try my bestest.
Right now I live in a dorm with my roommate Ben. He's a cool guy, though we don't hang out a lot together. Dorm life is sub-par and I am counting down the dreaded days before it's over. Actually just 5 left... hmmm.. excellent. Next year i'll be in an apartment with my best friend from highschool Andy. Looking forward to it greatly.

Hmm... about myself....about myself... I love music. I play guitar, trombone, piano I love to sing. I'm working at a Lutheran camp this summer in Colorado. I like watching t.v. shows online and playing video games on the ps3 i don't have... yet. I'm planning on getting one for next year. I keep thinking I'll magically have more time to do more things just because I'm in an apartment... but dammit i'll make time!

Eh... thats about it for me today. If I keep up with this thing more than 2 months I'll be thoroughly surprised with myself. But we'll see... just enjoy it while it lasts kiddies.

Oh, and before you go. I promise i'll try to post something worthwhile on every submission... at least to make clicking the link and reading it worthwhile.... so i'd just suggest checking out this guy Toby Turner a.k.a Tobuscus on youtube. He has a gaming channel, videolog channel, regular videos, cutewinfail videos. He's just pretty fricken hilarious, I'll have to admit. More than I could ever hope to be. Here's a link to his site and youtube shenanigans:
http://www.tobyturner.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TobyTurner


Live long and prosper, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment