5/18/2011

Last Days in Champaign

Hello again, friends. These here are my last days before I go off to Colorado. I've been doing a lot of 3 things: packing/getting prepared, playing Red Dead Redemption, and hanging out with friends.

I've seriously got some of the best friends ever! And it's sad I'm not gonna be able to see them for awhile. But haha, I've done things with my friends every night since Friday.
Friday- Tim's house
Saturday- Levi's house
Sunday- Kerry's apartment
Monday- Watched movies with Chelsea
Tuesday- Levi's house again with Andy and Chelsea.

So tonight is the first night I've just been chilling. Tomorrow i'm gonna see the 25th annual Putnam  County Spelling Bee put on by my old high school. I saw it about 4 years ago on spring break in New York, and it was just kind of on a whim cause my family wanted to see a Broadway show. It turned out to be SUPER hilarious. Its about a spelling bee, obviously, and the kids just spell words, mess up, get disqualified, there are even audience volunteers for participation. It was really funny, but what really got my are the songs. The songs are so fun, upbeat and quirky, and I've listened to 'em ever since I got the soundtrack at that show. So now this is my most sought-after show in my eyes, and I realllly wanna be in it. Figures that Wilson (drama teacher) would do it two years after I left, even though I suggested it! SIGH>>> thats how it goes i guess... If anyone sees a local audition for it, let me know!!

I guess I just miss theater in general, I haven't done it in so long. And i would like to have thought I was pretty good at it. I mean... I played Jean Valjean in Les Miserables. Thats pretty good, right? I do improv now which is the goofy laid-back cousin of stage theater, and I love it and everything, but it doesn't quite equal the feeling of putting in 3 months work and putting out a great production. Oh well, maybe those days are behind me.

Anyway. As I said I've been playing Red Dead Redemption, and theres this part [SPOILER ALERT] where you do this mission for this guy that knows you, but doesn't tell you his name. You do one part where you can either stop a man from cheating on his wife, or encourage him, then another part where you can either help or rob a nun. Then in the last meeting you get mad at him and shoot him, but he doesn't react to your bullets, and just walks away. It kinda freaked me out. Cause it was the first.... supernatural thing that happened in the game. I guess I wasn't expecting it. But I researched it a little, some say he's a ghost, and some say he's some Holy God or Satan or something. Who know? I believe in God, and in ghosts (is that possible?) but I suppose I may be looking to far into it for a video game.

Well thanks for letting me waste 5 minutes of your time, everyone. I said I'd make it worth your while. Go to www.typeracer.com and see how fast you type, and race other people in typing out quotes and stuff. It's actually pretty addicting.. and good practice for my blog, huh? I

I bid you adieu, friends! I leave you with one of my favorite pictures ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment